NANTICOKE SOLAR LP
Nanticoke Solar LP (NSLP) is a partnership between Ontario Power Generation Inc. (90%) and Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation (10%).
The 44 MW ground-mount Nanticoke Solar project will be located on and adjacent to the former Nanticoke Generating Station site, located in Nanticoke, Ontario. The project will consist of the installation of 175,000 to 210,000 solar photovoltaic panels on 4 parcels of land leased by NSLP.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 archaeology work have been completed.
A total of 7 archaeological locations will require further investigations via Stage 3 Archaeological Assessment. It is expected that Stage 4 Archaeological Mitigation will be required for some of the archaeological sites subject to Stage 3 assessment.
Construction is planned to start Spring of 2017 and commence Spring of 2018.
The Milestone Commercial Operation Date (MCOD) is anticipated for March 2019.
SNGRDC holds 10 per cent equity ownership interest in the NSLP which is expected to generate not less than $7 million over the initial 20 years of operation.
Potential employment opportunities may be available through the construction contractor of the project.
Six Nations archeological monitors were on site during stage 1 and 2 of the environmental assessments and will continue to be engaged for the remainder of the assessment period.
A community information session will be held on Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 at the Six Nations Tourism Building- Assembly Room. Community Members are invited to submit written comments by completing the electronic comment card at the bottom of this page. In addtion, comment cards mailed to all on-reserve households can be returned to the Six Nations Tourism Building’s outdoor mailbox, located by the main entrance.
For more information on the project please visit: www.nanticokesolar.com
News + Media
- Media Release March 11 2016
- Media Release March 21 2017
- Newswire Media Release February 28 2018
- PV Magazine March 1 2018
- Solar Industry Mag March 1 2018
- Haldimand Tract Map
- NSLP- Mailer – Print
- Ad 1 -Information Session
- Ad 2 – Write in Period
- OPG Media Release April 29, 2019
- Newswire Media Release March 29, 2019
- Brantford Expositor Media Release March 29, 2019
- Canadian Consulting Engineer Media Release, March 29, 2019
- Simcoe Reformer Media Release, March 29, 2019
- Mining.com Media Release April 1, 2019
- The Tillsonburg News Media Release April 1, 2019
- Sachem April 2, 2019
- Pv Magazine April 2, 2019
- Turtle Island News Media Release, April 3, 2019
- Canada Construct Connect, April 4 2019
- E360 Yale, April 8 2019
- Two Row Times Media Release, April 10, 2019
- CBC News, April 12, 2019
- Newswire, May 14 2019
- Corporate Knights, July 19 2019
- National Observer, August 2 2019
COMMENT ON THE PROJECT