The 250 MW/1000 MWh battery storage project will be located in Haldimand County, in Jarvis, ON approximately 17 km from Six Nations boundaries. The project will consist of installing batteries on a 10-acre plot of land with the purpose of absorbing surplus electricity from the Ontario power grid during off-peak periods, in order to return it to consumers when it is needed the most. Ontario power grid during off-peak periods from renewable energy sources and inject it back into the grid during on-peak periods.
- Jan 11, 2021 – Initial Release of Information via www.snfuture.ca
- Jan 25 – Feb 25, 2021 – Two-way Community Commentary Period (via zoom)
- Early March, 2021 – Final report posted via www.snfuture.ca and submitted to SNGRDC & SNGREC for review
- Mid-March, 2021 – Final review and adjustments made by SNGRDC Board on pursuit of potential investment
- Mid-March, 2021 – SNGRDC Group to provide consent to proceed with the project, pending adjustments
- Summer, 2021 – Anticipated start of construction – pending required approvals
Community members are invited to submit their online comments via the SN Future Platform, via email at [email protected] or during one of the live webinar information sessions. Due to Covid-19 Pandemic in person sessions will not be hosted, and online comments are preferred.
- Weds. Jan 27 | 11 AM & 1:00 PM
- Weds. Feb 3 | 5 PM & 6:30 PM
- Weds. Feb 10 | 11 AM & 12:30 PM
- Weds. Feb 17 | 1 PM & 2:30 PM
- Weds. Feb 24 | 7 PM & 8:30 PM
CLICK HERE to register for an webinar or send us an email at [email protected]
- Up to $760M net savings to ratepayers*
- 4.1 Million tonne reduction in CO2*
- Over 900,000 hours of local employment*
- Significant Indigenous ownership in low carbon infrastructure assets
- OES Project would be the first project SNGRDC has co-developed as a partner
- OES Project will be among the first of its size, and will be an example of how Indigenous partners can participate in building a sustainable future
*over the 20-year life of the asset
Please Note: This section includes the most recent/updated information regarding the project. Based on feedback from online information sessions and submitted comments, project updates may differ than information presented at the time of engagement.
Project Status will be updated in Spring 2021