NIAGARA REINFORCEMENT LINE (NRL)
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation (SNGRDC) in conjunction with the Ontario Ministry of the Energy (ENERGY), and Hydro One, have brought forth a solution to see the Niagara Reinforcement Line (NRL) completed in exchange for long-term value for the Six Nations Community.
SNGRDC proposed a three-phase bundled solution to ENERGY and Hydro One. Each phase is conditional upon the acceptance of the entire bundle. The phase include:
1) Energize: Hydro One is committed to offering a contract opportunity to SNGRDC’s joint venture with the Aecon Group –A6N Utilities (A6N), to complete the remaining NRL transmission work.
2) Acquire: Equity Ownership in the Line – SNGRDC will acquire up to a 25% ownership in the line for approx. $13 million which will be financed using an Aboriginal Loan Guarantee from the province of Ontario.
3) Optimize: In addition, ENERGY will grant a Renewable Energy capacity set-aside to Six Nations of the Grand River, to be used by SNGRDC on behalf of Six Nations, for up to 300 megawatts of new projects within the region, if further renewable generation is needed in the future.
UPDATE: The NRL Bundled Solution was approved by Six Nations Elected Council on February 20, 2018 and will be pursued by SNGRDC on behalf of the SIx Nations Communtiy. The Final Engagement Report, all SNEC resolutions, SNGRDC Motions as well as the NRL Path Forward have been posted to this site as a matter of historical record.
- Final Engagement Report
- Frequently Asked Questions January 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions November 2017
- NRL – Path Forward
- NRL- Powerpoint November Session
- Powerpoint- December Session
- Powerpoint- October 19 Kick Off Event
- Written Response to Inquiry Made by Stakeholders August 2018
- NRL-Response to Written Questions
- NRL Final Engagement Report Appendixes
- Finance Handout- Dec 14
- Lunch & Learn Letter
News + Media
- AC – Resolution Community Engagement- NRL
- AC – Pursue NRL Investment
- AC – 12.5 M Allocation from SNEC
- BOD Resolution Community Engagement-NRL
- BOD – Viable Business Transaction
- SNEC Resolution Community Engagement-NRL
- SNEC Resolution- Approve $12.5 M Allocation
- SNEC Resolution- Approve NRL Community Engagement Report
- SNEC Resolution- Pursue NRL Investment
- SNEC Resolution-Approve Set-Aside Agreement once in final form
COMMENT ON THE PROJECT